Monday, February 6, 2012

All or Nothing

Greetings Friends,


I hope this post finds you all in good health. I have been thinking about a concept that I believe can be detrimental to our physical, spiritual, and emotional health. Let me explain.


The all or nothing concept, as I like to call it, is a concept that is black and white. As such, it does not allow for any deviation in our thinking patterns whatsoever. The all or nothing philosophy says if you are not 100% successful at something, then don't do it at all. 


This type of thinking is detrimental to our physical health because it implies that if we do not participate 100% in an exercise program, for instance, then we may as well forget the whole thing. If we do not participate 100% in our practice of meditation, prayer, or whatever form of connection to the spirit we wish to call it, then we have failed. If we do not participate 100% in sharing our feelings, communicating our thoughts and ideas with loved ones, we do not have a successful relationship. 


 My message to you today is this. Something is better than Nothing. I believe we set ourselves up each day as we attempt to get it all 100% right. We are humans; and humans are imperfect. Can we strive to be 100%? Absolutely...however, if today, taking a walk, reading an inspirational thought, or performing a random act of kindness is what we do, then we need to be happy with ourselves. 


Please do not misunderstand me. I believe we all have the capability of living up to our potential...and more. We are humans who have been created to fulfill all that is possible. We all have strengths and talents to share. We can share them with others who are on the path to perfection. But, this is the key. Some of us are closer to perfection than others. We need to be patient with each other, and most importantly with ourselves. Again it's the all or nothing mentality.



I have a challenge for each of us today. Please look into a mirror. Let's stare at ourselves for one full minute; and as we do so, decide right then, that today, we are going to look at the positives in everything we experience today. No matter what...find a positive aspect of EVERY EXPERIENCE today.



So, as we go about our day; let's each of us look around; at our children, our partner, our co-workers, our fellow human beings. Let's look at them in a different light today. Let's look at them as someone who is striving to do the right thing, trying to reach that 100% of something, the same way we are. Then, let's have patience with them when they don't quite make it. Most of all though, let's do that for ourselves.


Sending peaceful thoughts your way,


♥your Heavenly Healer♥



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this post. There are more days than I care to recall when I feel as though I've "fallin' short" in some area(s) of this life, and sometimes it's as though everything seems to be off. I have learned to pay attention to these days, not with self-judgement, but with more of an observance type of attitude. I actually give myself permission to make mistakes, to allow these emotions. It's important to understand not to give more creedance to these situations than they deserve, and they really don't deserve alot! Just being aware, recognizing and then let them go. I've always subscribed to the idea of a little of something is better than nothing at all. It's how I've been able to navigate through this life! Making an effort to see God in ALL things on this Planet is what reminds me to see Love in All things, as we are in fact ALL part of God, we are ONE.
    Namaste, Richard Innamorato
    a.k.a. Robert Amore

    ReplyDelete